Head to Toe Leather Goes Plus
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you already know that leather (faux and real) is everywhere this season. And not just your standard plus size faux leather moto jacket, but EVERYWHERE. Head-to-toe leather looks strutted down the runways earlier this year and have been dubbed one of Fall’s most wearable trends. Now, I’m not sure about wearing leather everything, but I am loving the range of available plus size leather skirts, plus size leather dresses, plus size leather leggings, etc. This season you can get pretty much EVERYTHING in leather, and I am living.
How to I am Rocking This Plus Size Fall Trend
Now just because leather is everywhere, that doesn’t mean you have to literally wear it head-to-toe. In fact, I have elected to purchase just a few pieces and incorporate them into my wardrobe here and there. This Shein faux leather button-up skirt (under $20!) has, so far, been my FAVOURITE piece for this trend. And it is SOOOOO versatile. Unbutton a few buttons on the bottom for a little sexier look, or wear it closed for work.
I have always been a huge fan of leather mules (as you guys will remember my FAVE pair of open-toe mules), so these close-toe mules from Shoedazzle were perfect for the Fall. The block heel is comfy and they have a 90s feel that I am planning to pair with everything. I also love that these pieces fit my actual aesthetic and fit right in with my curated wardrobe.
Five Tips to Rock the Head-to-Toe Leather Trend
So you might be thinking how can I rock this in my life? It’s really easy! Here are five tips:
- Don’t shrug off the classic route: You can easily just throw on a leather moto jacket and have fun with it! Remember, incorporating a trend is all about what makes YOU comfortable and what fits into your life.
- You DON’T have to wear black: Leather (faux and real) comes in all different shades. You can rock this trend in many of the other Fall colours: burgundy, cognac, hunter green. The spectrum is wide! (and down at the bottom, I have some different colours piece for you)
- Make a Las Vegas Tuxedo: OK, I made this one up (lol), but Vegas tuxedo is a leather moto jacket and leather skirt. Like the leather version of a Canadian tuxedo, get it? This would probably work best with black-on-black, but don’t be afraid to try different colours.
- Don’t be afraid to take it all the way: If you want to take it all the way, everyone from Eloquii to Forever21 are churning out pieces at all price points. Faux-leather dresses, tops, trousers; if you really want to take the head-to-toe leather look all the way, you can take it ALL THE WAY, ok?
- Buy ONE leather piece and let that be the focal point of your look: Whether it’s a jacket or a skirt, you can ease your way into this trend with just one leather piece and see how you feel.
Fall is a time to be bold, so if you want to try this look and need some inspo? I got you! Head to my dedicated Pinterest board where I have that AND some of the pieces you can shop to get this look!
Where to Shop the Head-to-Toe Leather Trend
FTC: This post contains affiliate links. Whenever you purchase something from one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. If you purchase items from one of the links, you help me continue to create great content for you! Thank you!