Plus Size Faux Leather: a Fall MUST
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you already know that faux leather is everywhere this season (as it usually is in the fall). And not just your standard plus size faux leather moto jacket, but EVERYWHERE. Head-to-toe leather looks strutted down the runways earlier this year and have been dubbed one of Fall’s most wearable trends. Now, I’m not sure about wearing leather everything, but I am loving the range of available plus size faux leather skirts, dresses tops and leggings. This season you can get pretty much EVERYTHING in leather, and I am living.
How to I am Rocking the Plus Size Faux Leather Trend
Now just because leather is everywhere, that doesn’t mean you have to literally wear it head-to-toe. In fact, I have elected to purchase just a few pieces and incorporate them into my wardrobe here and there. This Shein faux leather button-up skirt (under $20!) has, so far, been my FAVOURITE piece for this trend. And it is SOOOOO versatile. You can wear it to work, to dinner, running errands. Anywhere you’re going, this plus size faux leather skirt can go with you.
I have always been a huge fan of leather mules (as you guys will remember my FAVE pair of open-toe mules), so the Rosemunda Slip On Pump from Shoedazzle were perfect. The block heel is comfy and they have a 90s feel that I am planning to pair with everything. I also love that these pieces fit my actual aesthetic and fit right in with my curated wardrobe.
Five Tips to Rock the Head-to-Toe Leather Trend
So you might be thinking how can I rock this trend in m every day life? It’s really easy! Here are five tips:
- Don’t shrug off the classic route: You can easily just throw on a faux leather moto jacket and have fun with it! Remember, incorporating a trend is all about what makes YOU comfortable and what fits into your life.
- You DON’T have to wear black: Leather (faux and real) comes in all different shades. You can rock this trend in many of the other Fall colours: burgundy, cognac, hunter green. The spectrum is wide! (I’ve got some coloured faux leather pieces at the bottom of this post)
- Make a Las Vegas Tuxedo: OK, I made this one up (lol), but Vegas tuxedo is a leather moto jacket and leather skirt. Like the leather version of a Canadian tuxedo, get it? This would probably work best with black-on-black, but don’t be afraid to try different colours.
- Don’t be afraid to take it all the way: If you want to take it all the way, everyone from Eloquii to Forever21 are churning out pieces at all price points. Faux leather dresses, tops, trousers; if you really want to take the head-to-toe leather look all the way, you can take it ALL THE WAY, ok?
- Buy ONE leather piece and let that be the focal point of your look: Whether it’s a jacket or a skirt, you can ease your way into this trend with just one leather piece and see how you feel.
Fall is a time to be bold, so if you want to try this look and need some inspo? Check Pinterest or Instagram for inspiration and don’t be afraid to experiment!
Where to Shop the Head-to-Toe Faux Leather Trend
FTC: This post contains affiliate links. Whenever you purchase something from one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. If you purchase items from one of the links, you help me continue to create great content for you! Thank you!